The Training Forum >> About myself and seeking advice!

About myself and seeking advice!

Hey guys! My name is Kelby and i cant get enough of the outdoors! Chasing monster whitetails with a bow is a huge passion of mine, but i also find shed hunting just as exciting! When i was younger, i would take trips to my great grandmothers house, and sit and look at the sheds she had found over the years. She didnt have a dog but i'd guarantee she couldn't have found any more if she did! She had some kind of shed hunting ability, to me she was a pure shed hunting machine! She got me hooked on shed hunting when i was just a little guy, but i never have been able to find them quite like she did. So this year i've decided to step it up a notch! With that being said, i have purchased a 6 week old labrador retriever and want to turn him into a fine shed dog! But i need some help and advice. He enjoys playing with antlers from time to time, but im having trouble with him doing anything more with them, and i don't want to force it on him or over do it. Is he simply just too young right now? Am i expecting too much of him? He wont retrieve or even run towards the antler when i throw them or lay them infront of him. He will play with one sometimes. Hope you guys can give me some good training advice and tips! 

Thanks in advance!

Kelby

Get RSS feed

German Shepherd training issue
2/1/2017 - Jkml88
Eating deer poop?
1/16/2017 - Raymondk
'
3/25/2016 - bimokh
About myself and seeking advice!
9/10/2015 - BOWHUNTER1216
Doing great and then...